Luxor Forums - White Hat & Community Forums
Facebook: ‘Malicious Actors’ Used Its Tools To Discover Identities And Collect Data O
Yet, another reason why I left Facebook.

Way too much stuff being compromised and I no longer have any faith in social media companies that can self-police themselves.

Facebook: ‘Malicious Actors’ Used Its Tools To Discover Identities And Collect Data On A Massive Global Scale
Owner

[Image: xwXpx1Z.png]
(04-04-2018, 11:08 PM)Serpius Wrote: Yet, another reason why I left Facebook.

Way too much stuff being compromised and I no longer have any faith in social media companies that can self-police themselves.

Facebook: ‘Malicious Actors’ Used Its Tools To Discover Identities And Collect Data On A Massive Global Scale

I never trusted nor liked Facebook. When the leaks came out many years ago that FB had contracts with the NSA for "National Security reasons" I knew the data mining was bad then. 

I was actually happy when Facebook got DDosed offline for a week in 2012. They lost a good chuck of money having to repair and replace servers.

What everyone has to understand is that social media companies fundamentally DO NOT CARE about your privacy. You are a bag of information worth money to advertisers to them and they WILL sell "you" to the highest bidder. If you're on social media, chances are your information has already been sold and traded by 100s of advertising agencies and firms. That's just how it is. 

There's nothing new here to be shocked about. It's been going on for years and will continue on forever

-¢yrus
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 7
Views: 1,822
07-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Fkn-Productions